Zion’s Mission Statement
The mission of Zion Lutheran Church is Together we share God’s abundance to transform lives through the love of Jesus.
Zion’s Vision Statement
Living in God’s boundless love in Christ, we envision a future where church and community are one.
- We are rooted in the gospel, grounded in the love of Christ and open to the Spirit’s leading
- Our community is transformed through relationships
- God’s gift of creation is cared for and protected.
- All are embraced and celebrated in their differences.
- The gifts God has given each of us are identified, appreciated and shared.
- Through Christ, the complicated, difficult and sometimes messy nature of gathering people of different perspectives and backgrounds are recognized and welcomed.
- Everyone’s needs are met because God’s abundance has been shared.
Zion’s Welcome Statement
We invite all into the fullness of God’s love. This invitation is inclusive of people of every race, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental ability, sex, or station in life. We pledge to use our differences as gifts for our work together.
About the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
Zion Lutheran Church belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), one of the largest Christian denominations in the United States, with about 4 million members in nearly 10,000 congregations across the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
We are the church that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. For us, as the ELCA, this faith comes through the good news of Jesus Christ and gives us the freedom and the courage to wonder, discover and boldly participate in what God is up to in the world.
We are a church that is always being made new, and at the same time, is deeply rooted in Scripture, Lutheran theology and Lutheran confessions. We are also rooted in the vibrant, diverse communities and rich histories of our congregations. It’s through these roots that the Holy Spirit guides and nourishes us so that we can be a church that is both resilient and always new.
We welcome you to join this community of faith — the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America — regardless of your age, race, gender, life experience, complexities and questions. You have a unique story that can only add to the richness of the larger story that makes up the ELCA. There is a place for you here!
Learn more about the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America